Hola amigos! You know longer have to go south of the border for authentic Mexican food, it's now a part of the American mainstream cuisine. Americans are consuming four times more Mexican food, than they did 20 years ago! Need proof? Salsa now outranks ketchup as the No. 1 condiment in the United States. According to data from Information Resources Inc., ketchup sales reached annual sales of $472.7 million while Salsa topped out at $621.6 million in sales. Mexican food is now a $1 billion a year business.
Mexican cuisine is known for its spicy and varied flavors that are served in an upbeat and friendly atmosphere. Mexican food is one of the richest in the world with respect to both diversity and appeal of it's tastes and textures; and in terms of proteins, vitamins, and minerals. After Chinese cuisine, some consider Mexican food to be the second most varied and eaten food in the world.
If you're considering opening your own Mexican food restaurant, Instawares has made a checklist of all the equipment and supplies you'll need to make tasty tacos and saucy salsa, to seating, heavy duty kitchen equipment and booking keeping supplies. For a list of universal restaurant equipment and bar supplies, please see the Opening a Restaurant - Equipment Guide and Opening a Bar Guide.
When working with fresh chilies always wear gloves. Hot chilies like the habanero can cause first degree burns. Keep vinegar nearby. If the chili or juice comes in contact with your skin, use it to neutralize the oils that cause burns. Always keep your hands away from your eyes, even after washing up from working with chilies. Crying over peeled onions? Light a candle. The flame diminishes the potency of the chemical that makes you cry. Prepare salsa a day before serving and store it in the refrigerator. This gives the ingredients a chance to mingle. You can warm corn or flour tortillas in the microwave. Wrap a dozen tortillas in a clean towel and place in the microwave for about a minute.
Did You Know?
Tequila, sometimes pronounced, to-kill-ya, is the national drink of Mexico. Bottoms up! If you're trying to soothe a burning mouth after eating a hot chili, try drinking milk, eating yogurt or sour cream. They contain capsaicin, which is a protein that breaks down the bond that capsaicin forms with the mouth's pain receptors. Native Mexicans cooked tortillas over open fires in iron pans. Some of the great cooks still do! Fried ice cream is really fried. Every May 5th, many countries celebrate Cinco de Mayocommemorating the victory of Mexican forces over French forces. Mexico and Canada are the largest consumers of California kiwis. Pomegranate was introduced by the Spaniards and became an essential part of Mexico's patriotically red-white-and green chiles en nogada. Limón: lime (Citrus aurantifolia) is a small key lime used in Mexico to garnish water, ice drinks and is widely used as garnishes on many dishes, including Corona Beer.
- Margarita Glass - 12oz
- Excellency Margarita Glasses
- Cactus Margarita Glass - 16 Oz.
- Super Bowl Margarita Glass 45 oz
- Plastic Super Margarita Glass 36 Oz.
- Super Stem Margarita Glass 60oz
- Catalina Margarita Glass 12 oz
- Saniserv Frozen Beverage Machine
- Counter Top Frozen Beverage Machine
- Floor Model FrozenBeverage Machine
- Basic Bar Blender
- Drink Blender 64 oz Container
- Drink Machine Advance Blender 32 oz
- Blender & Iee Dispenser
Mexican Food Appliances
- Double Taco Cup 14" x 6"
- Waring Senor Salsa Blender
- Taco Shell Basket 6 Shell
- Taco Shell Basket 8 Shell
- Chimichanga/Burrito Basket
- Tostata Basket
- Taco Rack - 5 Rail
- Chexers Melamine Salsa Dish 6oz
- Infra-Red Gas Cheesemelter
- Thermo-Finisher Counter Top
Mexican Food Serving Dishware
- Paprika Insulated Tortilla Server
- Taco Holder
- Charcoal Tortilla Server - 7"
- Blueberry Table Top Organizer
- White Fluted Ramekin - 4.5 oz
- White Plastic Sauce cup 2oz
- Liddles™ Portion Cups - 4 Oz
- Molcajete Ramekim 8 oz
- Charcoal Jalanino Salsa Server
- Salsa Cup - 3in.
- Molcajete Grande - 7''
- Blueberry Jalanino™ Salsa Server
- Charcoal Molcajete - 4oz
- All Blenders
- Senor Salsa® Blender W/ 48 oz. Polycarbonate
- Single Speed Blender W/Stainless Steel Container
- Vita-Prep Commercial Blender 64 oz
- Waring Batch Bowl Food Processor 2 1/2 qt
- Waring Continuous Feed Food Processor 2 1/2 qt
- Robot Coup Commercial Food Processor 3 qt